Wednesday 15 January 2014

Starting the level.

First day on the production stage of the game. Today I laid out the terrain and added blocked the terrain.
Starting with the set up, using landscape mode I created 4 terrain blocks with 32x32 in size forming a square. Then created the lightmass and blocking volume each just a little bit bigger than the terrain.

Basic terrain



The blocking step means you are going to put csg brushes to represent buildings on your level. Here is the hotel block.
Shaping mountains

After I added that block I realized the hotel would be in the same level as the water, so I went back to the terrain and added a small depression where the water will be.

More mountains

Continuing blocking, I added 2 small huts by the beach, a lift which you'll be able to see outside and a small block with access to the roof.

Blocking the hotel

To organize the level I created layers for each kind of object in it.

Organising layers

Then I moved on to adding the terrain layers. I created 5 in total; DrySand, RockSand, WetSand, CliffRock and Grass. You can check out how to do this here. The final result was roughly this:

Texturing the landscape

Textures used 

It was just a general placement. The next step will be properly applying these details.

No comments :

Post a Comment