Tuesday 18 March 2014

Work Experience

Fro the past couple of weeks I haven't posted anything to this blog since I was on work experience. I went to Plymouth through the Leonardo da Vinci Programme, and was placed in the Marketing Department of City College Plymouth.

While not being in my specific area, the work placement was a very unique and fantastic experience. I improved my communications skills, learned work ethics in a professional environment and also learned more about games programming.

 My main tasks there were to upload and tag pictures in the College's website. Since it wasn't a very interesting task, I came up with an idea of a game where the game would ask questions about the user and in the end suggest him suitable careers and courses.

Sample of the game I created

To create it, I used Scratch, since it is a simple engine and it works well on websites. Unfortunately I didn't have enough time to finish the game, as I had other tasks to do and not everyday I got to use a computer with Photoshop.

I also got the chance to go to a few classes while I was there, and they were amazing. I learned a little bit of how to create 2D and 3D games graphics through programming, which are the basics of creating a game engine. I also had a peek on future topics I will be studying in the future, such as DirectX and Windows programming, which was awesome.


No comments :

Post a Comment