Friday 28 March 2014

Damage blood HUD.

Today I started creating my game HUDs, I started by creating the blood that shows up when the player is hit. I created two of these, one showing up when the player is hit but has high health and one for low health.

High health damage HUD
To create the first one, I made an oval select in the center of the image, selected the inverse and used the paint bucket to paint it red. Then I used the smudge tool to create those cool smudges around the borders. Finally I added a bit of blending to it to make it look more realistic.


Low health damage HUD

I used the same steps to create the second one, but I made the red area bigger and used the line tool to create what are the veins in the eyes and also smudged them. I also applied a blending effect to it but made it less opaque than the first one so it is more evidently.

No comments :

Post a Comment