Tuesday 1 April 2014

UDK game update - Troubles continue

I am having a problem with my AI bots on the last floor. They spawn but don't move, they just stand still. I tried fixing that by adding a pylon, but it doesn't work because it can't find a ground position. I've been doing some testing with pylons and landscape, and found that if I have a pylon on a higher ground, one on lower ground, and connect their area with a staircase, the pylons will form a path on that staircase. 

Pylons creating path in staircase

I am thinking of using that by creating a fire escape next to the building using the landscape and then adding pylons to build paths in each floor allowing the AI to work properly.

Apart from that, I continued to add the announcements that tell the story and game instructions, adding some missing materials and added a code for camera shake when the player gets shot.

No comments :

Post a Comment