Tuesday 8 April 2014

The year coming to an end.

The school year is coming to an end, and so is my obligation to write on this blog. I might continue posting on it from time to time, as I plan to keep studying after I finish this course.

It has been a great year and I have learned so much through it. I remember starting using Scratch, which was a great way of being introduced to games development, but unfortunately a very limited tool. 

1st Level of my Taco Vengeance Game
Scratch programming
I also have a very good grasp of Photoshop now, I learned how to use most (if not all) of the tools in it and also used a little bit of Adobe Illustrator and Flash.

First Image I've ever Photoshopped

Final Concept board for my game

And finally I also learned how to use UDK, a great engine to learn how to make a game. Of course there are still many thing to learn in these softwares and in many others.

Rotation widget in UDK

One of the stages of my 3D game in UDK


But I now learned how games a created, the production stages, how each component is inserted, and this gave me a better appreciation for other games.
I am looking forward to continue studying games development next year and learn much more about it, thank you for reading this blog.




No comments :

Post a Comment